Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Home for my Baubles

Ok, so I am out of excuses (finally) for why I should put off posting any longer.  Actually, I finally feel that I have something to post about.  Never mind that I finished this project three weeks ago...  But here is the new home of my necklace collection:


I didn't know if I wanted to post this, because I definitely didn't make anything here.  But...  I did use these objects in a creative way, in my opinion.  I have been wanting to put my necklaces on hooks for a long time.  My boyfriend gave me a very nice jewelry box for Christmass with two rotating necklace hooks, but I have found that it can't handle anything very long.  I am very proud of my necklace collection, so framing them and displaying them on the wall seemed like a natural move, plus it gets my dresser top cleared off!


This is the ikea UNG DRILL frame.  I bought it while helping my cousin pick up her ikea day bed.  I didn't have a pronounced idea of what I would do with it, but I liked the style.  It's got that Young and Baroque thing going on.  It also comes in a version with a mirror, according to the web.




After I hung the frame, I just added a hook and two knobs from Anthropologie (Fun fact, I worked there last year, and boy do I miss that discount).  The garden and bunny knobs make me think of Alice in Wonderland.  The hardest part was probably finding the right dry wall anchors for the job.


So here it is all decked out.

I will post again soon.  It will probably be a post detailing a few different projects I have going on right now.  I just saw an application for the Ann Arundel County Craft Fair, and I really want to apply.  It's October 6th and 7th though, I don't really know if I could have things made by then, especially as I'll be on a 4 day cruise a week before that!

No comments:

Post a Comment